Download PDF Version of Report
CleanStart is an initiative of SARTA designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the greater Sacramento region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business.
- CONNECTING Sacramento region's clean tech community through The Sacramento Clean Tech Showcase, Clean Tech Executive Breakfast forums and regional CleanStart Advisory Committee meetings
- PROMOTING the Sacramento region's clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, Sacramento Region Clean Tech Cluster interactive map, at The Sacramento Clean Tech Showcase, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events
- EDUCATING Clean Tech business leaders through our Leadership Series: Clean Tech Track offering industry specific content for executives and entrepreneurs
"What I'm so excited about is seeing how many entrepreneurs there are in the Sacramento Region working on the next big thing in clean technology and I think there are some people here that could turn their technology into the next household name."
Steve Westly, The Westly Group
"SARTA is a great example of innovation at work and we are working hard to replicate their success statewide."
Kish Rajan, Director Go BIZ, State of California
What is SARTA?
SARTA – Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance – is the region's leading champion for innovation and entrepreneurship, whose mission is to accelerate growth and development of tech companies, and the tech economy, within a nine-county region. www.sarta.org
"SARTA's leadership in the community is a tremendous asset to emerging companies and the opportunity for economic growth in the Region!"
Paul Douglas Siemens Industry, Inc.
Thanks to Our 2012 Sponsors
- 26 Jun, 2013CleanStart PowerUP Grass Valley
PowerUP, three Clean Tech events to be held around the region. Come, Meet, Hear and Connect with our regions' Clean Tech companies as they showcase products, update us on their companies and make pitches for our new on-line video marketplace.
Regional Clean Tech News
- 14 May, 2013SynapSense named as finalist for green IT award
Sacramento Business Journal: SynapSense Corp. and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory were picked as finalists for the 2013 Green Enterprise IT Awards from the Uptime Institute.
- 13 May, 2013Pacific Ethanol shareholders approve reverse-stock split
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento-based Pacific Ethanol Inc. said Friday that shareholders had voted to approve a reverse-stock-split proposal.
- 10 May, 2013Blue Diamond invests in energy-efficient lights
Sacramento Business Journal: With an electric bill of about $2 million a year, it takes quite a few cans of almonds to cover the cost of running the Blue Diamond Growers processing plant in Sacramento.
- 9 May, 2013SolarCity adds panels to Sacramento water treatment plants
Sacramento Business Journal: Sacramento residents and businesses, will see savings in the electric bill with the installation of solar panels at the city’s water treatment plants.